Powered by Blogger.

As Rick Might Have Said...

...the little troubles of one cruiser don't add up to a hill of beans compared to the troubles of the world.

We've left Barcelona and are now somewhere in the Mediterranean -- but not on the way to Morocco. Our two stops in Morocco, Casablanca and Agadir, have been cancelled due to "civil unrest." Due to everything else unfolding in North Africa this is not surprising and is certainly a prudent decision. We will have one extra day at sea and an additional stop in the Canary Islands.

Being so close to North Africa I have been glued to BBC and everything that is unfolding in Libya. An alternate port might have been Malta, but the English evacuees from Libya are landing there, so it is not a site for cruise ships. My thoughts and prayers are with all those caught up in the events in Libya.

I am enjoying the ship. Have met some very nice people and am really starting to relax. The weather is lovely and we had the treat of the the Captain's reception this afternoon. Even got to the gym this morning. Tonight we're dining in the Italian restaurant on board -- this is a "free-style" dining ship, with a number of different small dining rooms throughout the ship, and then to the evening show.

Smooth sailing, dear friends!

12 comments

Mevely317 said...

So glad to learn you're having a wonderful time, Carol. I think it wise, your hosts are erring on the side of caution ...don't want the next pix of Buttercup to show on our 11:00 news!
Bon appetit!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Love the up-date ~ prayers for more delightful moments ahead!

Melinda said...

Sounds like fun.
Be safe and Enjoy!



Melinda

West Side of Straight said...

What a great trip! Can't wait to hear more! jo

Lynda said...

It does sound very relaxing and you sound flexible with the change of plans. I pray it is all you had anticipated it to be.

Sybil said...

Sound as if you are having a great time. Enjoy the lovely weather...glad that you are avoiding the trouble spots...Are you using the ships computers ? if so must be expensive,so thank you for keeping us in touch. Continue having a brilliant holiday,
much love Sybil x

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It sounds wonderful and an extra day just to relax and do what you want is a treat. Glad you all are safe. It is very unsettling over there right now.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Buttercup Sweetie...
My prayers are with you honey. I pray that your cruise continues on a safe and peaceful journey. Sounds like you are making the best of things.

A relaxing cruise, and a reception with the captain. I know you are having so much fun. Pick me up a postcard. You know how I love a postcard sweetie.

Can't wait to see photos of all the glorious sites of the ship and of land where you travel.

Many hugs sweetie and so much love, Sherry

Jemi Fraser said...

It's quite dangerous in that part of the world right now - make sure you stay safe! Enjoy it all :)

Mimi said...

HI!!
OH MY GOODNESS, how fun!!Sorry about the missed stops but it is far safer!!
I am worried about our cruise in June, not going to any of those ports, but just being in the near vicinity makes me and MY HUBBY very nervous!!
Did you love Barcelona???We will have about 30 hours to explore in Barcelona!!
just hope to not have jet lag!!!
hugs,
jamie

accidental carer said...

Sounds as if you are having a wonderful time. The Canaries are lovely. I loved Barcelona too.
Relaxed dining - I like the sound of that. I am a vegetarian and get so tired of having to ask for something different. I love a buffet table filled with all my favourites. Continue to enjoy ............

Grammy Staffy said...

Getting a post from the ship.... are we lucky or what! I am sorry that your itinerary has been changed but your safety must come first. We are scheduled to cruise to Egypt next Jan. I hope all will be settled there before we go. It sounds like you are on a NCL ship. Do you like the free style dining? I have not tried it but my clients that I've booked on NCL like it. Let me know what you think. I plan to go on NCL next year.

Have a great trip. Take lots of pictures to show us.
Hugs, Lura