Powered by Blogger.

My Off-Off Broadway Thrill

At this moment I may be the happiest woman in New York City. Maybe not the whole city, but certainly the happiest middle-aged civil servant in New York, or any city anywhere.

I know it's not very Buttercupian -- new word! -- but I was a big fan of the X-Files. I don't generally follow many of the shows on space aliens etc., but that one held my interest and many Sunday nights in the '90s were spent with Mulder and Scully. I am sure I missed a lot of the nuances, but I never got tired of seeing the two of them and particularly David Duchovny, who played Mulder, on the screen.

    Across the street from the theater -- far off Broadway in Greenwich Village

I was delighted to see that David Duchovny was appearing in a new play, "The Break of Noon," and still more delighted that it was part of my theater membership group. It appeared available just once, but luckily I spotted it and got my ticket for this afternoon. 

I thought the acting was terrific, though the play less so. It co-starred Amanda Peet, who I liked very much in "Something's Gotta Give." It was a nice afternoon of theater.

The thrill came after the play when I realized I might be able to take a photo for all of you  and maybe if I was really lucky get my Playbill autographed. I never dreamed that...



Yes, It's Buttercup and David Duchovny. I am as amazed as I look! If I'd realized that this would be a moment for the centuries I would have worn a lot more makeup.

I only got the photo because David D. couldn't have been nicer, friendlier, nor more patient. There were twenty people or so waiting and he signed Playbills, took photos and chatted. Part of it was that we weren't on Broadway and there was a small group waiting, not the hundred that might be at the stage door after a big show is over. In those cases there is security, a waiting car and very little access. The bigger part is that he just seemed to be a very nice person.  Thank you, David Duchovny!

I hope your week is one of small pleasures, happy days and maybe an unexpected thrill! 

9 comments

Jess said...

OMG! Soooo exciting. I'm so jealous. What a terrific celebrity sighting.

Jane said...

Ooh lucky you!! He's still cute, isn't he??

Jane

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Yay for you! A very special surprise that I can see made you very happy :)

Country Whispers said...

What a perfect ending to a fabulous night.
You are one lucky girl!

Jemi Fraser said...

Awesome!! I'm another X-Files fan - I love most things sci-fi. Thanks so much for posting the photos - they're awesome and you look terrific!! :)

Melinda said...

Well look at you and Mr. Cutie!

How fun for you!!!!!

Melinda

Sybil said...

What excitement...a wonderful day just got better and better ...and your photo...well one to treasure for sure.
love Sybil xx

Chatty Crone said...

Can I say that I love David Duchovny - you lucky lucky gal. sandie

Nancy M. said...

How awesome! I would have been a little scared, lol!