Powered by Blogger.

I Am Grateful for...

My Country
"...Land that I love. 
Stand beside her and guide her 
Through the night with the light from above."

"G'd Bless America, My home, sweet home." 

Profoundly grateful doesn't begin to describe my feelings for America. Freedom to worship, freedom to assemble and freedom to vote are all gifts I treasure.  I've been a state and city employee for the majority of my working life. I know there are flaws in our government, but I also know there are abiding strengths. 

As I treasure the freedoms I hold so dear I extend gratitude to those who risk so much for my country, members of our military. Keep safe, keep well and know that you are all in my prayers.

5 comments

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness that is another GREAT one Buttercup - wish I had thought of that one.

sandie

Sr. Ann Marie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Buttercup. I really love your Thanksgiving tributes--great idea! I hope your thanksgiving will be blessed with many more good memories!

Mimi said...

HI BUTTERCUP!!!
Happy Thanksgiving to you!!
Loved that one, oh boy do I!!
Hugs 2 U,
jamie

Melinda said...

Blessings to you on this Thanksgiving!
Enjoy and don't eat too much pie. :)

Melinda

Sheilagh said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, hope enjoy that amazing meal you told Ralph and I about. We are going to a Thanksgiving lunch at a local hotel on Sunday. Will think of you while we are there.

Hugs

Sheilagh
xx