Powered by Blogger.

I Am Grateful for...

Family


 First cousin and two of her daughters decorating

 Two of three adorable triplets


 A rare photo of Buttercup with my dear cousin. I was delighted that all of the teenagers joined me to celebrate together.

Pinata fun time

As we get close to Thanksgiving I'm taking some time to count my blessings. For the next week I am planning to post each day and give thanks for a part of my life. I want to begin with my family. My cousins and their children are my closest family and I am so grateful for their affection and for our ability to have fun together. My only regret is that we don't live closer, but I am thankful for phones and email and facebook. The latter gives me a window into the lives of six terrific teenagers who are friends in facebook and in life. Thanks for all the joy you have all brought into my life!

These photos are from the family celebration this summer in Providence. We celebrated my 60th birthday and my sweet cousin Angela's eighth birthday. There were cakes, decorations, party bags and a pinata, as well as laughter, lots of conversation and warm and lovely feelings. I feel very grateful all over again just writing about the weekend and remembering our very happy celebration. I am so thankful for my family!

9 comments

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Family is something to be thankful for. It looks like a wonderful celebration was had by all. Good to see a picture of your lovely face too!

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Such a beautiful post.. Family.. The most treasured gift of all.. Thank you for sharing your family.
Blessings,
Penny

Sybil said...

I think our families are the most important thing in our lives and I to am so happy to have a loving fmaily and extended family..Truly a gift from above.
Love sybil x

Robyn Campbell said...

What beautiful photos. And especially the one of Buttercup. Love looking at your happy, beautiful face. I'm so thankful that my Christopher is safe and all my family will be here Thursday. I'm ALSO thankful for you, dear lady. Even though I haven't been by lately, I have thought about you. Happy Thanksgiving. :)

Melinda said...

It's nice to put face to a blog. Looks like way to fun was going on .
Glad you had fun.

Family IS something to be thankful for.]

Melinda

Teacherfish said...

I remember you writing about their Bat Mitzvah (probably got that wrong B'not Mitzvah?) times flies with (or without teenagers) around but you notice it so much more with young people. Have a great Thanksgiving

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Sweet family times and happy folks :)

Chatty Crone said...

I'll try this again.

This is a fabulous idea to post what you are thankful for.

You have a lovely family and they look like they love you vvery much.

sandie

k and c's mom said...

I love peeking in at your family! You look so very happy in your picture...