Powered by Blogger.

Happy Thanksgiving Wishes!



Happy Thanksgiving

I'm about to start cooking my cranberries and then I am off to Westchester to celebrate Thanksgiving with dear friends. We met in high school and stayed close through college and then as we were separated by a thousand miles we lost touch. One day in 1982 I was reading a letter that had come into my office. I noted on the letterhead that one of the organization's staff had the same name as one of my friends -- not a very ordinary name. I decided to call my friend and say hello. The worst that would be happen would be a quick and cold phone call.

The result was anything but quick and cold. We had dinner the next week and we talked for five hours. It was as though the years between hadn't happened. We were friends again.  

So this Thanksgiving morning I am grateful for friends of long standing and more recent, all appreciated. I am grateful for family and the wonderful times spent with them this autumn. I am grateful for good times, good health, for new babies, a cozy apartment and all the joys and unexpected pleasures yet to come. 

Wishes to all for a yummy Thanksgiving!

5 comments

Chatty Crone said...

Maybe you're turkey won't 'look' like mine, but I'm sure yours will be just as beautiful (lol).

Have a wonderful day.

Sybil said...

Isn't it wonderful when we find friends that we thought we had lost. This last year I found an old school friend we had not been in contact for at least 48 years ! and although she now lives in Turkey and we might not actually meet face to face for a while it is great to be in comunication...I hope that you have had a wonderful thanksgiving day.
love Syil x

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so happy that you reconnected with your dear friend. What a great holiday gift! I recently made contact with an old school chum, and we, too, spent HOURS sharing updates and "remember when"'s. We were HOWLING with laughter on the phone. I never realized how much I truly missed her. Hope you had a Superb Bird on Turkey Day.............best wishes for a splendid weekend!

k and c's mom said...

Grateful for friends old and new. Happy Thanksgiving!

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Hope the day was happy! Nothing like old friends!!!