Powered by Blogger.

And the Winner is...



Boston!

About 10 days I saw an article about an art exhibit at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. It was a show on Titian, Tintoretto and Veronese, with paintings brought from collections all over the world. I thought it would be great to go, but sort of tucked it away in my mind. I revisited the idea last Sunday and saw that today was the last day for the show. I really wanted to see the show, but am trying to be frugal and not make impetuous purchases, including travel, which is my favorite impetuous purchase. With the help of Priceline and MegaBus, I was able to arrange my art excursion very economically and on Saturday morning I was off to Boston.



The weather cooperated and it was a beautiful weekend. I did some sightseeing, book browsing, garden sitting and spent all of today at the Museum. The exhibit was glorious. It was arranged thematically and it was a thrill to see "Supper at Emmaus" as done by all three artists. I am still thinking about Titian's version. Glorious! I am a great fan of Veronese and came to have a deeper appreciation of Titian and Tintoretto. Also spent time looking at the American paintings and furniture.




The person who came closest to guessing my destination was Neabear. They were all good guesses. I love just about anywhere in New England -- definitely due for a trip to Maine -- and overdue for Atlantic City. There is a small, but useful souvenir for Neabear. Please leave me your email and I will be delighted to send your winning prize. I liked it so much I got one for myself, too.

Unless I decide to do something wild next week, my next trip is to another favorite place and I can't wait. No guessing this time. I am off in ten more days for the St. Lawrence to see two of my favorite people. Hoo Hah!

8 comments

Good to be a Queen said...

Hey There Buttercup! Thanks for stopping by my place...And Yes, if I lived in New York I would be glad to come and clean...I do love Manhattan...Also,my Jane Austen heroine is Elizabeth Bennett...I love Jane Austen

Chatty Crone said...

Good morning - wonderful pictures of Boston. My son lived there a year while going to school.

It's good to be able to see all your pictures of different places - just in case we can't get there ourselves.

Did you go alone?

Man you are a storng woman too.

Neabear said...

Hooray! I guessed correctly! Boston. I have been there one time in 1976. Visited the Boston Tea Party, USS Constition and the Salem Witch Museum while I was there. I was with my parents and brothers for that trip. We were also able to take one of those van tours. I will email you.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

My mother and father lived in Boston while he attended Harvard. They would tell stories of how the snow is so bad that there are tunnels underneath the campus! They enjoyed living there, said it's really a different world.

^..^Corgidogmama said...

My daughter loved Boston when she visited there. She attends medical seminars annually across the country.
You my dear, are brave, and adventurous, and thrifty too.
What a cool brawd you be!

Mimi said...

HI!!!
I should have guessed BOSTON, I LOVE BOSTON!!!!
I am intrigued now about the artists, I must admit I know very little about Art, except Monet, Degas and of course a few more famous ones!!!
Very interesting!!! Again I wish I could have come along!!!!!I also LOVE MAINE!!! A FAVORITE destination of ours a few years back!!! Kennebunkport is charming!!!!
hugs,
jamie

k and c's mom said...

Good for you for following your dream! I think a trip to that exhibit would rank near the top of my list, too. Glad you had a wonderful time.

Joyful Days said...

Glad it all worked out and that you were able to go. How wonderful!!

Julie