Powered by Blogger.

Closer to Home

I spent last week writing about traipsing the world. But I'm quite content in my own state or visiting my neighboring states. One of my favorite places is Cape May, NJ in Southern New Jersey. I've been there twice and I'm overdue for another visit. Cape May is a lovely town. It's great treasure is being a repository of beautifully preserved Victorian homes, many of which are bed and breakfasts. On one of my trips I discovered my dining room table, a cherry drop leaf table that I love. It now sits surrounded by my grandmother's dining room chairs, in my tiny alcove of a dining area.

This picture was taken one Memorial Day weekend in the early 1990s, and what a happy memory it is.

Dear gentle readers, hope you are having a good weekend. I spent yesterday with my cousins in Connecticut. Unfortunately my aunt is in the hospital and having a tough time. Keeping my aunt and Amy of "THERE'S AN ANGEL ON MY PORCH" in my thoughts and prayers.

4 comments

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

New Jersey is well-named as "The Garden State." What a pretty house! I love that bush blooming its fool head off at the corner.

Best thoughts, hopes, and wishes for your auntie and of course, for Amy, she is such a brave young woman, what a fighter.

blushing rose said...

For years we went to Cape May for our anniversary, yearly ... exquisite beautifully kept Victorian homes, wonderful old city & lovely antiquing/shops. A step to the beach & ocean, gorgeous sunsets, fish leaping into the air at dusk, seals playing within view ... awwww! bliss! TY for the memories to resurface. TTFN ~ Marydon

Chatty Crone said...

You have a great day too!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Buttercup: I hope someday you will share that dining room table and chairs with me. I would love to see them. Thank you for remembering Amy in your prayers. "Debbie is my sister, and Amy is my niece (I wasn't sure if you knew that or not." I have never prayed so hard in my life. I pray for the appointment tomorrow and for Amy to be relieved of pain soon. She has suffered so much. Thank you for remembering her too. Please stop by anytime, we could sit and rock in my new glider and dip in the pool when it gets to hot to stand it. Country Hugs My Friend, Sherry