If you thought the New York sophisticate was the whole Buttercup, well, my gentle readers, you are sadly mistaken. A little background...
I was raised in Connecticut and went to college in rural Massachusetts and New Hampshire. But for graduate school I decided I'd be a little more adventurous. I applied to schools in New Jersey, California, Iowa, New York and Tennessee and decided on Tennessee, and spent three great years in Nashville.
10 Nashville facts about Buttercup...
10) Loved Vanderbilt and still have a strong connection with the University.
9) Worked for the Cokesbury store and sold bibles there.
8) Developed a great appreciation for cornbread dressing and chess pie.
7) Saw Johnny Cash and the Evangel Temple Choir at the Grand Ole Gospel Hour a number of times and...
6) Know all the words to "Will the Circle be Unbroken?"
5) Loved the log flume ride at Opryland
4) Think the Smokies in the fall are as pretty as anyplace in the world.
3) Had the great experience of shooting the rapids on the Little Harpeth River.
2) Was at the Ryman Auditorium the last night of the Opry before it moved to Opryland -- what a memory!
1) Feel so blessed to have had the wonderful experience of living in Nashville!
The picture is Buttercup and friends, Thanksgiving 1972 at the Parthenon in Centennial Park. Wish I could still wear those short skirts!