Powered by Blogger.

The Return of Stage Door Buttercup

 
Stage Door Buttercup meets Jonathan Pryce
 
I had a totally different post in preparation for tonight. Totally. But when I got to meet two of my favorite actors I knew that the theme of tonight's post had to be the return of Stage Door Buttercup. It's been awhile since I've morphed into my stage door version of myself -- 2017 and Hello, Dolly to be exact -- and I hadn't planned it. I walked out of the theater and turned left towards Eighth Avenue and my bus stop and there was the stage door. There were less than a dozen people waiting for pictures and it was a clear and warm evening. It was a perfect night to become Stage Door Buttercup again. 
  The Height of the Storm at the Manhattan Theatre Club
 
Buttercup meets Eileen Atkins
 

I won't begin to list the plays, movies and television shows that these two extraordinary actors have been part of. I first discovered Eileen Atkins in one of my all time favorite television shows, "Upstairs, Downstairs," which she co-created with Jean Marsh. It was a treat to see both Jonathan Pryce and Eileen Atkins together tonight in the serious and thoughtful, "The Height of the Storm." It was a thrill to meet both of them. They were gracious and patient signing autographs and posing for pictures.  This is definitely a night to remember!
 
Otherwise life has been quiet and pleasant. I've gotten back to my good gym habits. I'm reading a lot, picking up my walking and enjoying New York in the almost-fall weather. What are your fall activities?  
 
As ever, thanks for visiting and have a great week!


6 comments

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, this was so special! And it was so easy! I love Stage Door Buttercup!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

What a thrill that must have been! Glad you are getting around and enjoying New York life.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How exciting! It must be so much fun to be there and meet famous people! You're having fun! I'm getting out on the trails more now that the weather is 'less hot'! lol Hugs!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

That is just wonderful and fun news that you were able to get photos and meet those actors. It's fun going to see the shows too. Enjoy this beautiful fall weather.

Chatty Crone said...

That sounded like so much fun and you have such a fascinating life!

Laurel Wood said...

Oh, how exciting! I adore both pictures. Happy to hear fall has arrived for you. We finally have a break from the high temps and it is wonderful to have coffee on the patio! Thank you for your kind get well wishes. xoxo