I was somewhat idly scanning my Facebook feed and came across a post from my friends at Litfuse Publicity Group informing their blogger network that they are closing. I am so sad to see this. I've so enjoyed working with the staff at Litfuse. They offered a wide-ranging array of books to review and were friendly, efficient and all around great to work with. I searched my posts and saw that I started working with them in 2014 and reviewed 29 books, including the beloved classic novel, Christy. I've still got one more title to review later this month -- I'll keep the title for a surprise -- and that will be a review and a giveaway.
Thanks, Litfuse for great books to read, fun genres to explore and hope and encouragement from inspirational titles. You introduced me to new authors -- Sarah Sundin -- comes to memory immediately and you gave us all happy hours of reading. Many, many thanks! I will miss you.
In addition to Litfuse, I received an email this week that Blogging for Books would be closing in April. I didn't work with them as much as I worked with Litfuse, but I had the good fortune to review books for them as well. Thanks, too, friends at Blogging for Books.
I know that the only thing that is constant in life is change, but seeing two book blogging groups closing doesn't portend well. I worry about the future of blogging, but as long as there's a format I plan to be right here in Buttercupland. I will be looking for new opportunities for book reviews and will continue to share titles that I believe my friends in Buttercupland will enjoy. One occurred by serendipity today, but that's a post for another day.
It's still winter, which seems to be lasting eternally. I know that in two weeks it will really feel like spring, but these last days of winter seem endless. I love living in New York, but I have a bit of envy for my friends in warmer climates at this time of year.
As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care.


I am sorry to hear that for you. I hope you can find some new book review sites. Enjoy your evening dear friend, I promise Spring is just around the corner:).
ReplyDeleteI am sorry to see both of them going too - blogging is changing - I can tell since I have come back.
ReplyDeleteHere today, gone tomorrow seems to be the thing today. Everything changes so quickly and the next big thing has a minimal shelf life. I hope you find another site where you can review books.
ReplyDeletei'm sorry to see these groups go by the wayside too. i know how much you liked them. hopefully something will come along to replace them.
ReplyDeleteVery sorry to learn this, Carol. I do hope warmer weather arrives soon for you. Just remember that when we are struggling with hot, dry July, you will be comfortable! I wish you a delightful day.
ReplyDeleteI for one am certainly hoping that Blogger never goes away. Having gone through the closing of the AOL journals and finding Blogger, I am hoping this venue never leaves. But we know that all things change. And when one door closes another will open.
ReplyDeleteI hate to hear of good things ending too. Enjoy your weekend sweet friend. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteI too am sad to see them closing. I enjoyed wonderful titles from those two groups!
ReplyDeleteBest of luck Litfuse I will miss y'all