Thursday, June 1, 2017

104.5 and No Longer Counting

I've captured my purple sneakers on the front porch of Wilder Hall, where I lived my sophomore year in college.
 
 
It's June 1 and the Mile A Day in May Challenge is over. My goal for May was to walk 84 miles, which puts me on track for 1000 miles in 2017. The weather was (mostly) good, I gave myself a push and I am very happy to report that my total is -- drum roll, please -- 104.5 miles. I'm delighted and I feel that I've gotten myself back on the exercise track, after being somewhat slack after breaking my shoulder in February. I'm aiming for 100 miles a month for the summer and fall and feel confident that I will walk over 1,000 miles this year.  
 
I know I've had lots of friends walking with me, both around the country and beyond the United States. If you've walked at least thirty-one miles in May, you are eligible for the giveaway. Entry is easy. Please leave a comment on this post any time in the next week (by midnight Thursday, June 8) and I will post the winner on Friday, June 9. The prize is a surprise, but I am strongly considering a book (or two).
 
The best prize for this Challenge is the benefit to our health. We were up, about and moving and by walking a mile every day, we cultivated a habit of exercise. Thank you all, near and not so near, for being my walking partners.
 
It's been a hectic few days since I've been back from Reunion. Today was the first day of BookExpo America and I am exhausted, but enjoying my day of books, authors, more books and more authors immensely. I'm back tomorrow at nine for another day of books and more books. I hope to be back tomorrow for a recap on some of my favorite moments.
 
As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care!
 
     

15 comments:

  1. I did 31 miles in May with my kids. Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations to you and all who participated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 87.79 miles! You are so inspiring, Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the challenge, Carol! I walked 73 miles in May. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I walked 40 miles and started June with a walk at the Park! Congrats to everyone! I did a post on my blog too! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did 77.51!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did 93.26 miles in May!! There were a couple days where I just squeaked by with 1.02 and 1.03 miles!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carol, Congrats to you and all who are walking along with you. Oh I would so love to be in that group. I always try to keep moving. But I can not walk everyday or great distances. Blessings to you xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! You did great !

    We're still walking too, and we've stopped counting, though we are still striving for more and more miles each week.

    Have a great rest of your weekend, dear friend.

    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Around 90 for me.
    Stopped counting for a bit but will
    get back to counting soon.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good job, Carol! Wish I had seen about this earlier and kept track of the miles I walked.
    Looks like you had a fantastic time at your reunion! How fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love to have visitors.