Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Have a Sweet Day!

I am a candy fan. Yes, I can rhapsodize over cake and ice cream is my go-to sweet snack, but candy is right up there, too. I don't indulge that often -- though I did go wild with the wasabi Kit Kats in Japan -- but when I'm in the neighborhood I often stop in at one of my favorite places, Dylan's Candy Bar.  I like the array of candy, but I really like the décor. I feel as though I'm visiting a candy factory and I can choose anything I like, calories and cost not considered while I browse.

 "Button" candy was one of my favorites in elementary school.   

If I wore flip flops, I'd choose these candy themed ones.
 
I almost didn't stop in during my last visit to the neighborhood, but I had to explore once I saw the stuffed ice cream cones in the window. 
 
My only purchase was coconut lime sugar-free gum. I'd never seen the brand -- a little pricy -- or the flavor before, but the taste lived up to my expectation. Other than on flights I don't chew gum very often, but every once in a while it's a treat, The coconut flavor made me feel I was on a tropical beach for a lot less than the price of a flight and hotel. 
 
My candy tastes are simple. My favorites are York Peppermint Patties, Reese's of any variety and toffee. I also like movie candy -- Raisinets especially -- but more in memory and rarely, rarely eat them. What are your favorites?
 
Today's title -- which definitely may make an encore appearance in Buttercupland -- is the greeting at the cash register at Dylan's. It was so unexpected, but a very nice change from "Have a nice day."
 
I hope everyone is having a good week. It's birthday week for me and today is the last day I will be sixty-four. So enjoying the birthday remembrances and looking forward to tomorrow. So grateful to have another birthday!
 
As ever, thanks for visiting and have a sweet day!

16 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful birthday tomorrow. I hope you'll tell us if you do something fun. Seems like the options are nearly endless there in NYC.
    I love candy too. Chocolate is probably number one but I also love sweet tart type things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a sweet day, now that is a nice greeting. That gum flavor sounds good. I like dark chocolate, which has less sugar. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't love BUTTON candy? Takes me way back. Have a wonderful day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun candy store! The gum sounds like a lovely guilt-free treat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a huge candy factory (Albanese) down the road from us. They have a delightful looking storefront attached to a vast concrete facility. The parking lot is always full of, hopefully, kids!! One item that they make are the popular Gummy Bears. I haven't been. Happy Birthday!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Carol. The good news is that now you will be eligible for more senior discounts. Perhaps, that candy store could give you 10% off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday dear friend! Hope it is a really SWEET Day, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have a wonderful day!

    Treat yourself to good things!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you have a wonderful sweet and Happy Birthday !

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like a store to browse! All that luscious candy is so pretty too! Happy Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! Today must be the day! Happy birthday to you! I must confess that I have a bit of a "sweet tooth." I struggle with it every day.:-( However, some kinds of candy don't appeal to me. Chocolate is very difficult to refuse!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Buttercup, I love seeing the old fashioned candies. I love chocolate with nuts. That is my favorite. I have indulged in some wonderful chocolates too. Wishing you are sweet(hehe) weekend, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think I would have the willpower as you did in the candy store I like it all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the large size of the candy boxes.
    We have a store here in KC on the Plaza
    that has ginormous boxes of candy.
    Lots of fun!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those candy displays! I have a terrible sweet tooth! Our milkman feeds the habit around the holidays...they sell toffee from a small company in Boulder. May I just say I am sure I know how heaven would taste if it were candy! Last year we ordered the toffee several times between Thanksgiving and Christmas...oh my it was a melt in your mouth kinds of toffee, sigh! I had a patriot waffle with my daughter Noelle this morning. It was a belgian waffle with powdered sugar and fresh raspberries and blueberries. A tasty treat for sure! Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love to have visitors.