Tonight I had the very good fortune to be at Gracie Mansion, the residence for the Mayor of New York City, for a reception. This is an annual event for people who worked in the administration of Mayor Edward I. Koch. I had the great privilege to be part of the administration for five years and I look forward to this reception each year to see friends and colleagues that I don't get to see on a regular basis any longer. There was lots of catching up, so much so, that I took very few pictures to share. But I did get pictures of the Gracie Mansion Christmas tree.
The decorations and lights were lovely...
...and I thought you would enjoy seeing the details of some of the ornaments.
I experienced a seasonal miracle today. During the great decluttering of 2014 -- another one is planned for January, 2015 -- I went through my shoes and give away several pairs that hadn't been worn in 2013. I couldn't find one shoe of my most comfortable black dress shoes. I've been making do, but I sorely missed this pair of shoes. I decided to go through the remaining shoes in my closet and find a pair I could wear for tonight's reception. Lo and behold! Tucked under my swim shoes was the missing shoe. This is not a miracle of grand magnitude, but for a woman with foot problems rediscovering a comfortable pair of shoes is nothing short of a miracle.
I've got some Foodie Friday fun coming up tomorrow. I may be dreaming of the sweet coconut mini-cupcakes served at Gracie Mansion tonight or maybe it will be gingerbread or maybe peppermint bark.
As always, thanks for visiting and take good care!


Comfortable shoes are hard to come by. Glad you found the missing one. The tree is lovely. Sounds like Gracie Mansion is a fascinating place.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful...(although I do not like your current mayor, wink)---I also have a foot problem, broke it many years ago and have pins...anyways---I take 2 diff. sizes! I totally understand where your coming from. Blessings
ReplyDeleteWow the Christmas tree at Gracie Mansion is so beautiful. How exciting to be there. I hate going through my closet organizing my shoes! LOL! Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDeleteJulie
Beautiful trees! I know you had a great time visiting with old friends! My Nieces just returned from your beautiful city and they had a great time! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice gathering to attend, Carol! The tree sure is lovely. I'm glad you found your shoe. As one with foot problems, I sure know how important comfort is. :)
ReplyDeleteThat tree and the ornaments are beautiful. I can appreciate your miracle of the shoe and I know how blessed it is to have comfortable shoes.
ReplyDeleteI love the doorways and columns Old buildings has such beauty. Comfy shoes are a blessing. xoxo,Susie
ReplyDeleteSo grand, that tree -- but the simple decorations ... like something made by school children .... touch my heart.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!
ReplyDeleteAnd the shoe thing? Since my hip & knee surgeries this year, I am SO aware of the need for comfortable but ATTRACTIVE shoes. My situation is complicated because I refuse to pay the price of shoes in shoe stores - so confine my search to thrift stores.
I, too, could use a miracle!