Alas, like all good things this blessed four-day weekend must come to an end, and with it our salute to the cranberry. I don't have a recipe today, but simply a beautiful photographic homage to my favorite berry.
Next Friday begins the next salute. I'm keeping it a surprise, but it's sweet and pretty and calorie laden and definitely one of my favorite foods of this season. I have found some terrific recipes and pictures on Pinterest and I am so looking forward to sharing them.
It was another glorious day in New York City, perfect for walking and enjoying the sights. I'm happy to share a photo of the season. I love the Christmas tree sale areas -- both for the greenery they bring to the city and for the aroma.
Next Friday begins the next salute. I'm keeping it a surprise, but it's sweet and pretty and calorie laden and definitely one of my favorite foods of this season. I have found some terrific recipes and pictures on Pinterest and I am so looking forward to sharing them.
It was another glorious day in New York City, perfect for walking and enjoying the sights. I'm happy to share a photo of the season. I love the Christmas tree sale areas -- both for the greenery they bring to the city and for the aroma.
Columbus Avenue, Upper West Side
As always, wishes for a sweet week!
It has been a very long time since I had a real Christmas tree. Looking at your picture there, I can just snell the pine though. It's one of those things you never forget.
ReplyDeleteI just love those pictures. Makes me think of Christmas and holidays.
ReplyDeleteThank you for paying homage to the cranberry. It was a well deserved tribute. There is nothing as beautiful as an evergreen tree at this time of year. I look at your picture and I can almost smell the pine.
ReplyDeleteI love the smell of a real Christmas Tree. We haven't had a tree for the past couple of years. Just no room for one and we think the dog might see it as an extra special toy! So I just decorate what I can and dream of the smell of Christmas trees. Sigh . . .
ReplyDeleteI could almost smell that Christmas tree through my computer! Just lovely!
ReplyDeleteAhhhh I have enjoyed the Cranberry Fest:) Can't wait to see what's next! Have a blessed day in your Beautiful City! HUGS!
ReplyDeleteBoth photos are perfect holiday images. I can taste one and smell the other :-). I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary
ReplyDeleteI love the smell of Christmas trees too. We have had a fake tree for years because John has asthma .... I can get away with burning pine scented candles now and again but it is not the same. Enjoy the season and I will look forward to your next posts. Hugs, Lura
ReplyDeleteThat is a really pretty tree! Nice shape. The smell is divine - - I agree.
ReplyDelete