Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Lights, Camera, Action...


Do you remember this quiet corner?

When I saw this posted over the weekend I knew excitement was coming. But there was no filming yesterday. I didn't think much about it until I came out this morning and saw movie folks clustered across the street from my building.

The traffic cones in the street are a tip-off something interesting is about to go on. Still no filming.

I went out to run an errand later in the afternoon and came home to this. 

Quiet corner no longer!

I walked through the movie set on the corner and spent some time looking for movie stars. I spent so long I was concerned they would ask me to move on and tell me I was loitering. Alas, no Matt Dillon, no Darren Criss, no Kristin Wiig and no Annette Bening. Honestly not seeing Annette Bening was the most disappointing for me. I am an enormous fan of "The American President."  We'll just have to wait until 2013 to see "Imogene."

I expect that the corner will be quiet again tomorrow. But I never know in New York when the red traffic cones will emerge and something exciting will be happening!


8 comments:

  1. I agree, that IS exciting!!!
    But, I wonder if I'd even recognize a "bona-fide" celebrity, were I to see them in real-life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette Bening is my very favorite. Maybe next time.

    Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when some filming was going on at my college years ago. I think I saw Lindsay Wagner that time. Don't remember what they were filming though.

    ~Linnea

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI!!
    HOW EXCITING!!!!
    For several years my kids and I did EXTRA work on lots of films filmed in Az. It is exciting to see Hollywood do there thing. I think New York is the 2nd Hollywood!!!!So many tv shows and movies are filmed there, and I am happy for that!!!
    hugs,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to know your out and about enjoying yourself.I just want to thank you for droping by and your sirport.oo

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting to see where the movie action was to be filmed and WOW, so close to home. You're a lucky girl even if the movie stars were hiding. I'd love to be in a city that never sleeps. My kind of town...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Living in New York must be a great adventure. I love the pictures and thoughts. I hope someday to make a visit there.
    Enjoy the magic of that city.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love to have visitors.