Madeira sits as a small, perfect jewel in the Atlantic Ocean, 350 miles north of Africa and 600 miles from Europe. I was enchanted by the view of the ocean, the lush vegetation and the beauty of the island. It is a region of Portugal. Whenever I heard the word "madeira" in the past I had thought of wine, generally featured in a Regency novel.
A street in Funchal, the main city of Madeira
I was delighted to find a supermarket and literally ran inside to take some pictures...
It was bright and well stocked and had most of the products I might find in my grocery on Broadway, even though we were in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. There was also a big book section, clothes and housewares.
I made a find that particularly delighted me. Growing wild throughout the island was this sweet flower...
...the Bermuda Buttercup!
Your pictures are absolutely beautiful, and looks like you really enjoyed your trip! wonderful tours you're giving us! thanks, jo
ReplyDeleteWow what a beautiful place. I would never want to return after being to place like that!. Love the street
ReplyDeleteThe pictures are just wonderful. I love it that the buttercups were blooming there for you! That is special. I hope your Tuesday is a terrific one!
ReplyDeleteI think the scenery pictures were just beautiful and breathe taking. Thanks for the 'view'. sandie
ReplyDeleteGorgeous!!! Love the buttercups :)
ReplyDelete