Powered by Blogger.

Who Doesn't Love a Pumpkin?

Today, National Pumpkin Day, everyone loves a pumpkin 
 
I was surprised to discover that this is the first post celebrating one of my all-time favorites, the pumpkin. I was also surprised that I've taken very few pumpkin photographs this year. Usually I'm awash in pumpkin pictures by late October, but since that isn't the case I'm returning to a favorite version of the pumpkin, created by the Japanese artist, Yayoi Kusama.  This pumpkin depiction was part of an exhibition at the NY Botanical Garden and I posted about it last month. 


I've never seen a better explanation for a  love of pumpkins, and I doubt I ever will. Thank you, Yayoi Kusama, for capturing the perfect words for a tribute to pumpkins. 

Pumpkin pie, pumpkin patch, jack o'lantern, or memories of Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin: what's your choice for a favorite memory of pumpkins? I usually can choose a favorite, but all of the choices bring back great memories, and now I've added the pumpkins by Kusama and a new favorite, pumpkin soap that I bought in Vermont. 



   
As ever, thanks for visiting and happy Pumpkin Day!

8 comments

acorn hollow said...

Happy Pumpkin day as I sip my first cup of coffee with Pumpkin creamer and a dash of cinnamon.
Cathy

Marcia said...

I have purchased 4 pumpkins one of which is white. I hope to carve three of them for Sunday's trick or treaters.

By the way: don't know if others have this trouble but I find the color of your blog posts very difficult to read. It is so very faint against the white background. Any way you can darken it to black?

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Everything pumpkin is a favorite for me too. October is definitely pumpkin season. Enjoy because it's almost over, but then we still have Pumpkin pies coming our way in November!

Jeanie said...

Pumpkin soap is one I haven't seen! I've a few pumpkins by my garden and each year wish I'd planted a pumpkin patch!

Sue said...

We love pumpkins around our place, and decorated with quite a few this year! Dh and I have so many favorite memories with our children during October decorating and looking forward to trick or treating with them, as well as having little ones stop by! Thanks for sharing.
Sue

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

This year, I tried pumpkin soup for the first time and it was delicious. The pumpkin soap is something I have never seen before. Let us know how you enjoyed it.

Theresa said...

I am not a Pumpkin fan except to look at them:) I hope you have a beautiful FALL day in your City! HUGS!

Edna B said...

I've tried the pumpkin soap. It smells delicious. I'm not so crazy about that photo at the top of your post if it is supposed to be a pumpkin. It doesn't look like one. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.