Powered by Blogger.

Breaking News from My Kitchen

 


I've felt as though the last five days has been a series of breaking news alerts. But in the midst of all of the news and non-news,  my kitchen received extraordinary breaking news. The Building Department arrived as planned on Friday morning and my line passed inspection. In the spirit of celebration  and anticipation, I went out and bought a roll of aluminum foil. 

There will be baking, but once again, not yet. In the latest phase of what seems like the longest construction project since the building of the Pyramids, there's more to be done. Our walls, which were opened to access the pipes, need to be closed in every apartment on the line. I'm not sure if the painting on said walls need to be finished first, too, but that may be the case. In the interim my aluminum foil and I wait somewhat patiently. Any suggestions on what my first baking project should be?

New York City has had magnificent weather these last few days and I am enjoying it totally. So much so that I'm wearing sandals as I enjoy the autumn leaves. 


 Enjoyed a great walk and iced coffee today. I know it might be boots and gloves weather any day now, so my goal is to get outside as much as possible. 

I'll be back later today with a Pink Saturday autumn leaves post. See you later!

As ever, thanks for visiting and hope you're having a sunny Sunday.    

10 comments

Deb J. in Utah said...

That is great news for sure. Patience is rewarded! :-)

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love your pretty toes! Hurrah for the latest progress! You gave me a real good laugh with your pyramids comment! As to baking, I am thinking warm cinnamon buns with coffee for the coming cold days.

Mevely317 said...

Congratulations!
Suggestions? How about gingerbread men/women? 'Tis the season!

Nellie said...

Perhaps a pumpkin pie..... Really glad to hear baking is on the horizon!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Great news about the gas line passing inspection and hopefully the wall repairs and painting sill be done before the holidays. As for baking suggestions, chocolate cookies are always a favorite.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

It was a most beautiful weekend.

Nothing says lovin’ like something from the oven! I’d start with cookies for quick gratification.

Edna B said...

Gosh, I hope your walls get done soon. Bake whatever is your favorite dessert. You deserve it. You have a fantastic day, hugs, Edna B.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I can hardly with to see what you decide to bake when you use that foil. This week I baked a pumpkin pie straight from the freezer to the oven . It was delicious and one of my favorite things, and bonus the house smelled good too. I have a pair of shoes just like yours in the picture. They are comfortable. I'd put them away but today is warm enough that they'll feel good on my feet. I'll have to get them out.

Lonni said...

Love those toes!!
Have fun with whatever baking project you choose!

Jeanie said...

This sounds very exciting! Yes, we've had the same weather. I think today is our last day but I've been sucking it up like honey!