Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Celebrates Halloween

 

My two favorite costumes, Halloween 2020, as seen at the Metropolitan Museum of Art gift shop. I was delighted to find a Halloween picture that had something pink for Pink Saturday fun. 

I read an article this afternoon that the retail forecast for Halloween this year was very low. But fortunately, the article reported, Halloween is in full swing all over the country. I had the same expectation for Halloween in New York City this year, too, and while things are more subdued, I can definitely see lots of signs of the holiday.     

This simple, but fun, decoration is right around the corner
 from my building. I smile every time I walk by. 

This is my favorite decoration of the season, at my favorite bakery in the neighborhood, Breads. I am always in awe of their well-carved pumpkin and this year lived up to the challenge. I wanted to see what their Halloween goodies looked like, but the line to get inside the store was literally out the door. It kept me from going in and I figure I saved at least a thousand calories.  

Boo Hoo! It's not even Halloween

I made my first visit in months to our neighborhood Marshalls this morning and was saddened to see Halloween goodies on sale already. Across the aisle there was a table of Thanksgiving treats and the staff was putting out the -- drumroll! -- Christmas selection. I was very tempted by a snowman soap dispenser, but I'm trying to restrain myself until at least November. I did buy two gifts, and if I can keep to plan, will get them wrapped and in the mail by December 1. 

I'll be back tomorrow with Pep and friends for Halloween fun. I hope you'll join the celebration. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care.

10 comments

Deb J. in Utah said...

Fun post about Halloween in New York City. I don't think we will do anything special except we do have some candy if any trick-or-treaters come by. Halloween is sure different this year, and now the virus is spiking here and our hospitals are almost full, so we are just hoping that people don't do too much partying without masks. Happy Halloween, I will be back for another visit again soon!

Marcia said...

Happy Halloween. No dressing up here and likely no children to come by either. We have some candy just in case. Next year we'll be in a house and can expect trick or treaters then.

Gloria said...

We don't celebrate Halloween.
I enjoyed your answers.
Have a happy Halloween however you do or do not participate my friend.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

i lovw awing your store windows.. Ir'a aomwrhing qw sadly lacking here. I've also seen lots of Christmas de orations here and anything Halloween is fast disappearing..Hope you have a fun day !

Nellie said...

The costume with pink is like one I would choose for myself!:-) It has been months since I’ve been to Marshall’s, one of my favorite shopping spots! Always come away from there with bargains!

Janie Junebug said...

I'm with Nellie. I want the costume with the pink. Pink is my favorite color. Christmas stuff has been out for weeks at the Costco where we shop.

Love,
Janie

Edna B said...

The costumes for Pink Saturday are adorable. I love Halloween and all its beautiful decorations. I'd have gained a bunch of calories too if I'd been at this bakery store. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Halloween in NYC was definitely more celebrated than here in Nashua. I didn't see a single storefront decoration. Sad that discounted things were on sale even before the celebration, but it seems that is the case many times these days

Olde Dame Holly Rose said...

Hurry back to Marshalls, because that dispenser will get snapped up any time now!

Jeanie said...

I think the Met does Halloween well! Interesting about the retail of the holiday. I think it makes sense.