Powered by Blogger.

The Gas Line Saga Continues


Pep supervises the packing

I have been remiss in completing our Christmas in July weekend. Yes, it's Wednesday and I'm not sure if I will do the post while it's still July. But after I met with my building superintendent and the contractors who will be doing the (de)construction last week I realized I needed to get going with emptying my bookcases and other chores I needed to do. I have emptied approximately fifteen shelves and added twenty books to my eBay sales. I've also added thirty books to our building's "library" shelves in the laundry room. I realize that are at least twenty or thirty more books to be added in the future and as I put books back on the shelves I will continue sorting and recycling.  

The snow globes are all wrapped in bubble paper and there was only one minor snow globe catastrophe. I dropped "Colorado" and there's a very small crack above the water line. They will all be washed before they go back on the shelves and I think the collection will be looking good. 

As tedious as this part of the project has been, I'm really not looking forward to getting things back in place when the work is over. I am sure the construction group will be as neat as they can be, but dust and some mess is always a part of construction.  

At 8:30 tomorrow morning (approximately) we will officially be on the way back to gas service and I can't wait. 

You now know what I've been doing. Let me know your activities this week. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and keep cool.

14 comments

Chatty Crone said...

What are they fixing in your apartment?

Laurel Wood said...

What a huge job and inconvenience.































































































So much work for you but I know you are happy to see an end in sight. I hope things go as smoothly as possible.








Terra said...

That is so much work for you to do. I am guessing you will continue living in your apartment while the work is done and I recall it will take a couple months. Perhaps only a short time in your apartment? Not great timing with the pandemic going on, if you want to escape to coffee shops, etc.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I'm glad things are proceeding. Don't overdo, take frequent tea breaks.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You have been busy, Buttercup, and while this project wasn't planned, it has resulted in some culling out of your book collection with sales and donations. It’s too bad about the crack in the CO snow globe. Recently, I also sorted out some books for donations as trying to sell any online has never worked well for me.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's a good reason to clean out an dust off the shelves. Something like a hidden blessing. We've cooled off some so this week I've been out on a bike ride. Today I'm going for a good long walk. Gad you will finally have your gas back!It's been a long time coming.

Theresa said...

Oh dear, that's a lot of work! I know you will be happy to get your gas back on! Enjoy your day and don't work too hard. HUGS!

Edna B said...

I have a really hard time getting rid of books. It feels like getting rid of a friend. Ouch! But at times, it must be done. I haven't been doing a lot of anything lately. Some crocheting, some playing on my laptop, playing with my little dog, etc. It's too hot to do much of anything. I am enjoying my TV though, and my music. Have fun going through your books, hugs, Edna B.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I like working in my books and sorting. You've done great to donate some and clear more out to make room for new books. I know you'll be so glad to get this work done. What is normal anymore? Will we ever feel that way again? I went to pick out new reading glasses today. That's moving forward...I think. Enjoy your day! Don't work too hard.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Wow, that's a daunting job. Just like moving.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I'm sure you'll be so happy to finally have a working gss line as gas line, Carol. It's taken so long and you have been so patient. Going through books is time consuming but now you'll have room for lots of new ones!

Brenda said...

I love your blog...one of the few I continue to read and respond...day 140 of isolation for me...have ventured to pick up library books and gas the car...just not safe. I love NYC...been there many many times-last time two years ago to celebrate a big birthday...my favorite city-even love so much more than London, and I love London...hope to return soon. keep writing...

Susie said...

Buttercup, Oh my gosh, that's a lot of books. I have a lot but nothing like yours. I hope the construction guys don't wreck havoc in your apartment. I have missed some of your posts and went back over them...thanks for all the pretty shots of NYC. I am wishing you great luck on the gas being back to normal this fall. Stay safe. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Lowcarb team member said...

It's a lot of work ... hoping things go smoothly for you.

All the best Jan