Powered by Blogger.

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Winter...

...and I won't make believe that I'm happy about it.
 
 
On November 15 I should be wearing my lighter winter jacket and sneakers. I don't expect to need to be bundled up in winter coat, hat, boots and gloves. Luckily, I was prepared for the snow that is presently blanketing New York City. It looks like there is three inches -- or more -- outside and I can hear the snow plows making regular rounds. This snowy wonderland is our local community garden, one of my favorite places in the neighborhood.
 
 
Just two hours before I took the snowy picture, I captured the autumn leaves. I'm two hours, two blocks and a season away from the first picture. But I got my errands done -- grocery shopping, the post office and a Christmas gift bought. Once again, I'm resolving to get my holiday errands done in a timely fashion. I've bought about half of the things on my list and have wrapping paper and tape. I've ordered cards -- thank you, Shutterfly for your generous offers -- and bought stamps. Now I just have to settle down and start wrapping and addressing.


 On sunny Tuesday I captured the last rose of summer. It wasn't warm, but it was sunny and twenty degrees warmer. Until the spring, farewell, dear roses. Alas, winter has arrived.

I had a wonderful trip to Charleston last week. Great sights, great weather, great food and great friends. I took a lot of pictures -- even for me -- but I've got them pretty well sorted out. I'll be doing a Pink Saturday post with my favorite photographs of Charleston. It's going to be difficult to choose, but I've got a few in mind.

As ever, thanks for visiting and keep cozy!

4 comments

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Sure looks cold! I hope you have some sunshine to warm things so you can get out and do the things you want to do! I know the weather doesn't keep you inside though. Stay warm!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You've got more snow than we have. It's been bitter cold and a lot of our snow was mixed with rain yesterday. Yes, it is the holiday season and sounds like you've got a good handle on it. Better than me for sure. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your visit to Charleston. Happy Friday and hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Sybil said...

Oh Carol, I hope your snow won't stay about for to long...it's a bit early for it to arrive. Thankfully we are still having unseasonable warm weather...although forecasters are saying temp will drop by 5 deg next week with a brisk easterly wind which is a real cold one...I am hanging on yo my short sleeve jumpers but will have to get out the long sleeve ones for next week I think...l.lkeep warm,
Much love winging its way to NY

Mimi said...

I was hoping you'd post snow pictures. We mostly enjoy snow by looking at someone else's. It's a rare sight here.